Parenting Help

Are you looking for parenting help for a child problem that worries you? Or are you a mental  health, medical or legal professional working with parents who are worried about child problems? Perhaps you are a parent or helping professional  seeking to obtain  a Psychological Assessment or a School Neuropsychological Evaluation for a child or adolescent.

Dr. O'Connor, a Toronto Psychologist, can help, with the child or adolescent problems that concern you. Her services provide parenting  help and support, for a wide range of childhood concerns that trouble parents, or the helping professionals who work with them.     

Parents, and the helping professionals who work with them, are seeking support for a broad range of childhood issues and concerns. These may include a range of developmental concerns like autism, developmental delays  and learning disabilities. Or emotional, behavioral and other learning concerns, like attention problems. Perhaps the child is showing  acting out behaviors, or internalizing problems, like depression and/or anxiety. Or what about children who have experienced complex ongoing, trauma or an acute traumatic event, like a MVA.

What about acquired brain injuries like concussion or TBI?

These are just some of the concerns that worried parents, and the professionals who work with  them, and their children, are seeking support for. They seek help to address concerns that extend from the relatively minor, to the more extreme.

What Kind of Parenting Help Are You Looking For?

Dr. O'Connor offers Psychological Assessments to help you with the adolescent or child problems that concern you.  "Understanding the problem is the key solving it." A Psychological  Assessment can help you "get to the root" of the child problem that worries you, and find evidence based solutions to  address it. To learn more about Dr. O'Connor's services and how they can help with child problems, click here.  

A Psychological Assessment Can Help

 A Psychological Assessment can help. Learn more about the child problems that worry you. Where do the child's strengths lie, and how can you help foster them? Find out how the child is coping with specific problems and challenges (e.g. divorce, parental addiction, social & learning problems, bereavement)?

What is contributing to and maintaining the child problems that worry you? What kind of coping strategies is your child using to manage  the challenges and stressors in his or her life? How healthy are  these coping strategies?   Would your child benefit from support to build increased psychological resilience and  well-being? 

How is your child doing in key areas of child development--the social, emotional, behavioral and learning domains?

How can you promote positive outcomes in the children and adolescents you care about and work with, despite the challenges they face?

Take action, set goals and develop a plan. Find parenting help for the child problems that worry you. Address your child's needs and foster his strengths.

Learn more about how a Psychological Assessment can help you promote positive out comes in the children you care about and work with.